Hitting the road for a long-awaited vacation, possibly a weekend getaway? You're probably looking to tow a toy or two -- a jet ski, maybe a couple of dirt bikes, a boat, or even a second vehicle. If you want to do things safely, you'll need a few OEM towing parts first. For instance:
- A trailer tow hitch or hitch adapter. These are also called hitch receivers. They hook up to the frame of your vehicle, letting you attach other components in the process, like ball mounts and trailer balls.
- A ball mount and trailer ball. These, you attach to a trailer coupler.
- A hitch pin or a hitch lock. Stick one in your trailer ball, and your hitch and receiver will stay together a lot better.
- Trailer lighting. Preferably the kind that integrates with your taillights. It'll indicate your load's position on the road.
- Trailer brakes. The type that integrate with your vehicle's brakes. They'll add much-needed stopping power for heavier loads.
- A wiring harness. It'll let you add both trailer lights and a trailer brake system easily. It'll even let you connect an auxiliary power source if you need to.
- A safety chain. It'll help prevent your trailer detaching from your vehicle.
With all of these installed, you'll be pretty much all set to start hauling. Most importantly, you'll be able to tow smoothly, stably, and effectively, whether that's around corners, up hills, or over bumps.
Upgrade Your Vehicle's Hauling Capabilities -- Install Genuine OEM Towing Parts
Heading out? You'll want to take care of any upgrades beforehand. Order the best trailer towing parts you can get for your trip -- genuine Mopar -- from our auto parts store. We'll deliver right to your door, and they'll come guaranteed to fit your vehicle.
Transmissions: 9-Spd 948TE Auto Transmission. More Notes
Transmissions: 6-Speed... More Notes
No results found for "trailer towing, tow hitch". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!